15 March 2012

The Lucky Seven Meme

Medeia Sharif, YA author of 'Bestest. Ramadan. Ever.' tagged me...

The rules:

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS/WIP
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines, sentences, or paragraphs, and post them as they're written.
4. Tag 7 authors

Here's my selection.  It's a quiet moment from my newest novel, The Third Fate, which will publish later this month!

Pg.  77 ~
Later this night, Paige would be sitting safely with her aunt and cousins, getting far away from this nightmare. Fear prickled, whispering that she wouldn't be able to outrun it.

Checking her phone after a long, hot shower, Paige read the message from her boss, Barbara, relieved beyond belief that her vacation was not only approved, but encouraged. She didn't want fear of damaging her reputation at work hanging over her while she dealt with whatever was happening to her. Barbara might be a tough boss, but the woman had a kind heart underneath the no-nonsense exterior.


 ~ Nadja

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Here, here to the only man brave enough to beta for a romance author! But I love having a man's perspective. You're the best, Julius!

      Delete
  2. Great snippet! This meme has been going around a lot lately. Mine will be posted on my blog tomorrow. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me wonder what Paige is going through. Great piece, Nadja.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I saw this. I haven't heard of this meme, but I'm going to do it, too. A great one! Happy St. Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete