17 July 2013

The Sweetest Things

Writing progress has been slow this week.  By last evening, my seven-day-work-stretch left me *brain-fried*. Ha!  I stared at my pages, managed a few sentences, and ended up staring at television with Darling-Son-#1 and his girlfriend (I may re-name her DS#1'sDG - Darling-Son-#1's-Darling-Girlfriend ...or some such silly nickname/tag to keep all these people straight for readers.  Ha!).  It was a fabulous MMA marathon!  I did watch a number of fantastic fights. *Barbarian-At-Heart*  Darling-Daughter-#1 stopped in, adding to our number in the best way.

What I do know is this.  I have the most amazing children.  We talked, laughed, and enjoyed one another's company last evening with such ease and comfort.  We have endured many hardships, and open and honest discussion about those trials made me realize that however brutal they were, they strengthened the bond between us.  We are a safety net for each other - and within the walls of our home we find refuge together.  I am so proud to see they've taken to heart one of my treasured life lessons/philosophy.  Laughter, surely, is the very best medicine. Ahhh...the sweetest things.    

Darling-Daughter-#2 is back in Hawaii; deployment is ended!  To be able to talk on the phone, text whenever I find something humorous to share, and see her many photos posted on Facebook is sweet, indeed!  I have missed her so much.  A few short years ago, I felt little need to have a cell-phone - let alone a *Smart-Phone!* (I was still in the dark ages...bahahaha).  Now, it is a lifeline between daughter and mother.

I've had little time to sit and gab with my best girlfriends of late.  Carving out some girl-time this week was invaluable.  I also learned that a very dear friend will be in soon for a visit!  *Cannot-wait!*  The BFF and I cracked open a bottle of my Darling-Dad's homemade *Old-Vine-Zinfandel* ...and well!  Let's say a good time was had!  We laughed like ninnys, purging ourselves of negativity with dark hilarity and discussing the most delicious things that only BFF's can.  Sweet.

Temperatures will rage this day in NEPA, reaching the mid-to-high 90's.  Phew!  A friend generously invited us over to keep cool pool-side, so Darling-Sons, DS'sDG, and I will head over in a couple hours.  Relief will be ours!

Hope you all have a terrific day!

 ~ Nadja

2 comments:

  1. Laughter is, indeed, the best medicine. Physically and emotionally. Nothing like endorphins.

    We are going to have those same temperatures today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I broke down, Lauralynn! I slept in the boy's bedroom...in the AIR CONDITIONER!! Gosh! I slept so good. hahaha

    ReplyDelete