12 February 2012

A Strong Beginning

Hello, Hello, Hello! The New Week Is Here...

Working hard or hardly working?  I think a little of both for me today...

 Komal Lewis graciously invited me over to her blog today, where I talk about my favorite subject - Writing Your Novel! 
Believe me, there are methods that will help you achieve your goal more efficiently, adding to your enjoyment.  Many of you seasoned authors have passed these tips on already to newbies like myself, but it's a nice refresher anyway. 

Today, I'll be curled up in my cozy reading nook, busily editing away on The Third Fate!  I've managed to nail down six chapters entirely.  Isn't this spot bright and cheery?  I've decided to go white on white in my new office/reading/writing room, although I'll be adding pink accents. (thank you Ethan Allen)  Here are my two inspiration pictures...

Arent' they great?  I think so.  My husband is slightly less enthusiastic about completing all that work for my newest pet project, but is great enough to agree...

Once again, I've met my social media goals for the week.  Signing up for posts by email is fantastic!  Such a time saver, I should have done it much earlier.  My favorite blogs now show up in my email.  I just started, so I'll be adding quite a few more.  Trust me, this makes visiting around easy-peasy! 

Exercise continues to be a pleasure...I cannot believe I'm saying this, Ack!  I managed three solid workouts this week - and from home it wasn't as easy as I had hoped.  I've got to get more creative...heh heh.  Maybe this is why I'm enjoying it so much...No matter, I'll take it!

A Round Of Words In 80 Days is still my guideline for posting and my hub of community in the writing world.  Make sure to stop by and check out what fellow writers are up to!

I found the idea of a signature image at another blog...and am utilizing it.  I may try to create something where my name is embedded in the picture, we'll see how I fare.... 


~ Nadja 

17 comments:

  1. I don't have a writing nook - but its something I dream about someday! Good luck with setting yours up the way you want it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted one for years...I think this is the year it will happen! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I had to sign up to read posts by email for Kait Nolan, because she updates so much that I'd miss one if I didn't get them by mail. That woman is an amazing writer AND blogger. I feel unworthy.

    Great job on meeting your social media goals and good luck with the editing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only visited her blog once or twice, so I don't really know Kait. I've heard wonderful things about her book, Red. Maybe one day I'll pick it up. If I ever get through the giant stack waiting ....Oh, who am I kidding, I love all those books...ha.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, white with pink accents! I love it! I need to get back to writing in my writing room instead of on the couch with the laptop in my lap. I'm getting lax about that.,

    I can't wait to read The Third Fate!

    And good job on the exercise. Keep it up. I'm trying. It's hard, but it so important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been going to the sofa too lately, Lauralynn. My computer chair is NOT comfortable...hence my room-re-do-inspiration. I love the pink, too. I live with all males...I told them I want one 'girly' room in the house. I tend toward neutral colors in the main living areas, but in this room, I'm going for what I like. I'm sure I'll regret the white once the dog bounds in after digging in his muddy hole out back....but I'm not going to think of that right now. ;}

      Delete
  4. Love the novel writing graphic, very cool and oh so true. Nice job on the exercise, always good to see someone excel and ENJOY it! Kudos.

    Have a great coming week, Nadja :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gene! I never thought I'd enjoy exercise in any form....guess I was wrong. My husband will want to write down the date...ha!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, Nadja! I'd love to have you over anytime!

    That's a great tip about having a 'subscribe to email' option. I think I'll add one to my blog now.

    Picnik is a great place to add a little extra something to your signature. Until April they are offering their premium features for free because they are becoming a part of Google. I've been using their cool effects and you can do so much with graphics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for having me, Komal! Email subscription is so much more convenient. You'll like it.

      Thanks for the recommendation for Picnik. I'll check it out. Working with graphics is something I need practice with.

      Delete
  6. Cool little graphic! That is a really neat idea. Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your reading/writing nook is going to be lovely! I keep dreaming of a dedicated room with millions of bookshelves. Sigh. Glad things are going well your end and have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took over our guest room :) but I need a cozy reading/editing area. You're doing fantastic with your goals Nadja! All the best for the upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, I have a bonus room downstairs to work with. Thanks for the encouragement, Raelyn. You, too!

      Delete
  9. You are doing fabulous, Nadja! Such a great job with editing The Third Fate, exercising, and social media - you are my great inspiration. I love the photos of those two rooms. Please post the pictures of your redesigned office space as soon as they are complete. I would love to see what you come up with. So exciting.

    I receive quite a few blog updates via email and this is a great way to keep up with the new posts (yours arrives promptly in my inbox too!). But I am switching to Google reader since now I follow a lot of blogs, and my inbox gets rather overcrowded.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your guest post on Komal's blog. Good job with your goals - sounds like you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete