Another week has sifted through our fingers, the days slipping by with uncanny speed! But I've a light heart and satisfied grin plastered upon my face. The Typing Saga has ended. Today I begin my read through before sending off my latest historical novel to beta readers. Edits loom ahead, but apart from a few scenes I may add, critique issues that are brought to my attention, and basic grammar/punctuation proofing, A Practical Arrangement is finished. I foresee no major changes to be made, and that has me smiling like a ninny!
Evangeline Grey spilled onto the page with ease, her staunch manner and easily ruffled sensibilities leaving great opportunity for my hero, Thomas Masterson, to antagonize her at every opportunity. I loved the chemistry between these very different personalities. As the story progressed, not only did they soften toward one another, they came to view their relationships with others with new understanding. This is a story of the human condition in all its splendor and vexation. It is a love affair borne not out of heated passions and initial attraction, but from an unlikely alliance brought about by necessity - and a bit of conspiring.
A Practical Arrangement © Nadja Notariani 2012
Miss Evangeline Grey, intelligent and sensible, has no desire to marry, her reluctance born from the dire warnings of her overly emotional mother. Her father has other ideas, however, and decrees that unless she weds by the spring, he will choose a husband for her.
Prim and proper Evangeline accepts her father's issue with little more than mild alarm. Knowing herself plain of face and sharp of tongue, she believes herself capable of warding off any perspective suitor. Her plan goes awry when the scandalous seducer, Mr. Thomas Masterson, visits her family's home, for Thomas has learned that he must procure a wife to receive his full inheritance.
When he discovers Evangeline's predicament matches his own, Thomas determines to orchestrate a practical arrangement. A war of wit and word results, and Thomas finds himself ever more beguiled by the soft heart he discovers under Miss Grey's stern, inhibited exterior. Patiently, he endeavors to gain her respect and awaken her passions. As tenuous trust blooms between the rake and the reluctant, unfortunate events – and Thomas' past reputation – threaten to destroy the peace and happiness he has found within the bonds of his Practical Arrangement.
On The Writing Front...Upcoming Goals List
* Read at least once, maybe twice before sending A Practical Arrangement to beta readers. This is to be completed by next Sunday at the absolute latest. I would like to have this accomplished by Wednesday.
* Beta read a novella I've taken on for a fellow writer and have critique sent by next Wednesday.
* Reveal cover for A Practical Arrangement on or about 20 August.
* Create top tab on my page for cover and blurb.
* Continue to visit five blogs Monday through Friday to check in with writer-ly friends.
* Once the above goals are accomplished (apart from cover reveal) begin edits in earnest. Obviously, I will need beta and critique feedback to complete, but in the meantime, I'll make hay while the sun shines.
* Complete outline and character profiles for Erotic Anthology project.
* Begin writing a piece of 10K - 15K for submission.
* Link up with BTS.
* Submit a guest post I've been invited to write.
* Write a few Researching For Romance posts as I've new material to share!
* Continue Native American research, which is more like fun that work! Compile notes for future novel. Gah! I'm so excited about this. Shiny New Idea has struck me like a lightening bolt.