Not only is it a ROW80 check in, August's IWSG posts are up! Now I'm not sure Wednesday in and of itself holds special meaning aside from being 'hump-day', but add in two great groups of writers posting on their weekly and monthly ventures and Wednesday seems almost a bit sparkly - and much more interesting.
Insecure Writers Support Group... hosted by Alex Cavanaugh
July has been a busy month for this gal. Two stints at the ocean, one to the lake, camping, a luau, nightly coffee and workouts with 'bestie', DS#1 and his new job, dog-sitting for DD#1, and three trips to visit DD#2 in Maryland stole the seventh month right from under my nose! I can conjure no serious regret, as it was glorious. 'GLORIOUS,' I shout with little tempered abandon.
Which brings me 'round to my point...really, there is a point, I promise. :} With all my travelings, with my boys eager to boogie-board 'just-one-more-time-Eema-please', with push-ups and yoga poses, with visits from family, picnics with friends, and all the trappings of summer, I despaired of getting any 'work' done.
Work. Another four-letter word... At least when it comes to laundry, dog-hair, and sand stuck to the bottom of the tub. But I realized something amazing and wonderful over this past month. Despite all the busy chaos life chose to heap upon me in spades, I didn't falter on my writing goals. The reason being is simple, causing me to wonder why I hadn't understood myself better in the first place. I don't really consider my writing work. I like to do it. I enjoy it.
Many of you may shake heads and sigh with knowing smiles at my epiphany. I won't mind if you do. Better than I have traveled this path, learned this lesson. We make time for the things that are dear to us. Writing is one of those things, for me.
Thankful. If I'd never faced down insecurity, never mustered the chutzpah to write that first sentence, paragraph, chapter, novel - I'd not be here today writing this post. I'm so very thankful I did. And I'm glad you all did too.
A Round Of Words...
* Sixty pages remain in the Typing Saga of A Practical Arrangement. My fingers refuse to obey at this point in the process, mixing up letters and such. I believe my spell check may revolt or even go on strike. Perhaps that little program feature will form a union and demand extra pay or something. Ha!
* I exercised this morning after a week long 'epic-fail'. I feel much better.
* Social goals have been met.
* Cooking will begin in earnest as my brother and his family will arrive Saturday for a five day visit. My menu is planned loosely. DD#2 will arrive home on Friday as well for the weekend. It will be a very busy - very full - house!
* I will begin a beta read for a fellow author once my company departs. I had the pleasure of reading the first few chapters a while ago - and cannot wait to delve into this story.
* Cover reveal for A Practical Arrangement will occur on or around 20 August! I'm on pins and needles while I wait.
Hope you all have a wonderful week.