19 August 2012
The Eye Of The Storm
Things are eerily quiet, even as I busily tap away on my keyboard, writing guest posts, plotting new concepts. I am engrossed in the final pages of a beta read on "The Call Of The Gods", and while not my usual genre, it is an uncommonly good story. Add in brainstorming with a fellow writer - on a topic wholly foreign to my experience - and that sums up this writer's week. (I suppose that's the draw - a new adventure!)
So...how can I claim that eerie quiet I mention?
My novel is off in beta land. It's a season of waiting. The winds are picking up a bit, as my cover designer and I are now emailing back and forth, nailing down final, finer details on my new cover, but the full gale blast of this storm we call publishing has yet to hit land! I'm more than ready. (Did I ever mention that I am terrible at waiting? Ha!)
But I needed this calm before the whirl-wind picks me up and carries me away. I've plenty to accomplish, things I've neglected while in the final push of writing, typing, and blurb writing. When items on my 'to-do' list pile up, I feel the weight of them surely as if I carried an elephant on my back. Completing these offers a sense of 'right-ness' with the world. It cleans off my desk and de-clutters my mind. For this, I am thankful. My attention can be focused solely on edits in the upcoming week or two - with nothing looming over my shoulder whispering, 'Look over here! I need your attention!' Ahhh. :}
Progress On The Writing And Goals Front...
* Another read-through on A Practical Arrangement will begin tomorrow morning.
* Cover design to be revealed within the week. The fun begins...
* Beta accomplished by the end of the day - and sent off. I've only twenty pages remaining, and I NEED to know...you know?
* Work on my Erotic Anthology project blossomed. I spoke with a woman who told me an interesting story...
* Guest post written and sent.
* Sales continue to climb. Claiming The Prize is garnering sudden interest! (I posted on this the other day!)
* Research continues. I am 89% complete on one of my titles, and 50% complete on the other.
* I've written one post for Researching For Romance. It is waiting in the wings.
* I cooked! Hot weather dampens my enthusiasm for cooking. The last two days have hinted that autumn is not far off. The cooler temperatures lured me into my kitchen, much to the happiness of my family. Chicken noodle soup, Stroganoff, and brownies are a few of the boys' favorite treats I whipped up. Hubby enjoyed Beef Biryani - and while not an Indian dish, he didn't complain.
* Only fair success with exercise since Wednesday. Friday I pulled a mega-workout. I felt terrific...until Saturday. Ha! Why, oh why didn't I drink the protein after that workout??? Stupid girl... :}
* Social goals have been met.
* I am supposed to go blueberry picking with a friend. The weather has been most uncooperative. This week maybe?
Don't forget to stop by and see how fellow ROW80 writers have made out this week.
Happy Reading And Writing!
Posted by Nadja Notariani at 1:00 AM