22 August 2011

A Final 'Go-Over' For Claiming The Prize...

Last Minute Hype...In My Mind, That Is...

First of all, I want to give a huge shout-out to my beta readers.  YOU ALL ARE TERRIFIC!  My first novel had good bones, but your thoughts and insight helped bring the story to life.  Thank you.



I completed my final chapter of edits yesterday.  Today, I begin the final read-through before tackling the process of uploading my baby for publishing.  It's been a full year since I started writing Claiming The Prize, and what a year it's been!  Writing a novel is something I'd always thought about doing.  With a bit of encouragement from family and friends, that dream has now become reality.  I almost can't believe it. 

I have learned so much about myself during this endeavor.  I can bring a story to completion.  Just because I produce drivel upon a page one day doesn't mean that the next day I won't produce something brilliant.  Support and encouragement are absolutely necessary to my writing.  I enjoy researching.  When the going gets tough, I take it in stride and keep plugging away.  I learn so much as I go on.

Thank you to everyone who has commented, emailed, and listened to me on the phone as I attempted to figure out where I was going with this story.  Thank you to everyone from A Round Of Words In 80 Days.  I've met some wonderful fellow writers through this challenge, and joining in has been an invaluable aid in setting and achieving my goals.  To my 'inner-circle' ~ thanks for being here to see Claiming The Prize through to the end with me.

Now...Back to Work.  My publish date is nearly here! ~ Nadja

 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Nadja! I'm so excited for you! It's been a privelege to read for you. I loved your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julius - Thank you so much! I really couldn't have done it without you. You've been there all the way through, and I appreciate it more than I can say. ~ Nadja

    ReplyDelete