Welcome once again to mid-week check-ins for ROW80!
This week has had its ups and downs for this author. I am currently reading my entire story to capture the right ending...well, drama before the ending. I'm always seeking the HEA...lol. One of my struggles in writing novels is crafting the climax. Phew! I'm a drama hater. At least excessive drama, but within a novel, we love those precarious moments when we wonder if the characters we've grown to love can ever overcome the adversity thrust into their lives, right? I think...I ponder...I imagine all sorts of scenarios to employ. I sputter and balk. It comes, but slowly. That's where I'm at right now. Then, I'll pop the cork on my last bottle of Gewurztraminer and celebrate before edits begin in earnest.
But this week has been fun filled as well. We hauled our cookies back down to Maryland on Friday to pick up DD#2 and schlep her home for the weekend. We've got to get in lots of time with her - because we won't see her for months in the near future. I know the base now like the back of my hand...lol. :}Unfortunately, there was a problem with her paperwork, and that will delay her entry into the Academy for a year. It was the Navy's mistake (the paperwork showed up two days after they pulled her...Arrrgghhh!), and they have been wonderful with her over the entire incident - and we are firm believers that everything happens for a reason. So, she's off on a new adventure for a year. Of course, driving to get her meant driving back down on Sunday to schlepp her back again. We had a fun day, exploring more downtown and checking out the shops and enjoying a wonderful meal! In a few weeks, we'll repeat the entire process. :}
Company arrived last night, so we're entertaining for the week. We'll have short break before more company arrives on August 4th. It's busy, but we love seeing our family.
Here's how my week stacked up.
* Broke 35K in my current historical novella.
* Small edits (and notes for scene adjustments made on first 7 chapters) done as I've read through.
* Still no images found for cover. I'm struggling to find exactly what I want for this cover. I've a great deal of 'maybe this would work', but nothing that screams, 'Aha! Found it!'.
* I've been approached to work on an erotic anthology, and I'm quite excited at trying my hand. The goal is to write something that captures the essence of early (say 1930's) erotica, which I find an exciting challenge. I'm thinking of creating a piece based on Song Of Solomon, but that is yet to be determined.
* Exercise goals have been met. Upper body workouts leave my shoulders aching, but I'm noticing greater definition in my triceps and biceps. After completing the ab series, I actually find myself looking forward to the ab sets within this workout - as they feel like breaks! Now that's progress...ha!
* Social goals are on track.
* I will begin my second professional edit at the end of this month/beginning of next month.
* I've noted that I intend to read Game Of Thrones over the summer. So far, I've read next to nothing. I've got to take some time out to relax and read for enjoyment. Hmmm...almost forget what that feels like. lol.
How have you measured up to your goal list this week?