What's a great way to begin your day? How about finding out your book is up on a discussion board for a reading group?? It was rather surreal. Even better is what I read. BTS Book Club (On Goodreads) posted a thread for June/July on The Third Fate ! Exciting...for more than the obvious reason.
You see, I've had slower sales with this title despite positive reviews posted through my book tour and a handful of generous readers. I've been scratching my head! Marketing produced a few bursts of sales, but not what I'd hoped.
Well, I may have discovered the reason - or one possible reason anyway. More appropriate to confess, I stumbled across it. Ha! I quickly searched my title on Google with the keywords Amazon Kindle added to pull up a quick link to throw in this post. Sure enough, my baby popped right up...WITH THE TAGS LITERATURE/FICTION! lol. Er...wrong tags for a paranormal romance! Of course I went immediately to my author dashboard and clicked on the title. Re-selecting my categories, I updated. I've no idea how this happened, but happen it did! Could be that The Third Fate was simply invisible to those searching titles for a new PR to devour. Fingers crossed. LOL.
Goals And Updates...
* Chapter 10 is underway in my current WIP. I broke the 30K mark last night. Smiles are abundant. Writing was slow this past week. We returned earlier this week from Ocean City, Maryland - where the beach was absolutely wonderful - and a visit to Annapolis, where DD#2 is stationed currently. Honestly, I cannot think of driving for a few weeks.
* I will resume the typing today if it kills me. Sigh. (It just may...ha! If you see a post titled 'Closed Up Shop: Expired From Typing', you'll be in the know)
* Exercise goals are met for the week. Yesterday I completed the entire core strength/abdominal workout in my Yoga class, holding the poses without breaking. Shaking arms were still present during a few poses, but I'm hanging with the big dogs! Okay...maybe it wasn't as pretty as Teigh and Gillian's. Pretty Shmitty. ;} One aspect of yoga that I've particularly enjoyed is Ugai breathing. Fire Breath is another favorite.
* Social goals met. (5 blogs/sites per day Mon-Thurs)
* Even with the busy schedule, I managed to cook up a new recipe! I'd forgotten how much satisfaction I gain from preparing and presenting food. Adding this goal was one of my better ideas...ha!
I sure hope you all had a knock up week. Happy Writing.