My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose – somehow we win out
New Year, New Chances, New Opportunities, New Ideas...
If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
Henry David Thoreau
Hello to you all! It's been a week or so since my last post - I wholly partook of the festive holiday season with my family - but it's time to get back in the saddle. Today marks the start of a new Round for A Round Of Words In 80 Days - as a matter of fact, it's the first round of the new year! 2012...
Is anyone else staring, gaping, astonished at it? I'm still shaking my head, unable to figure out where 2011 went, never mind digest that 2012 is already ticking off its days unabashedly. So...it's the perfect time to join in another round and set some goals. Productivity and achievement need encouragement in my world.
Our plans miscarry because they have no aim. When a man does not know what harbor he is making for, no wind is the right wind.
Here's what I'll be working on...
* Read through my current WIP, The Third Fate, in a week's time.
* Write the missing ending, tie up some loose ends, work in some ideas to polish. I will allot three weeks to accomplish this. Also during this time period, I will select the images I'd like to see on my cover and submit to my cover designer, Elaina Lee.
* Begin serious editing. Read through 2x to scan for errors. I think 2 weeks will be more than enough time for this.
* Send to beta readers by February 20, 2012, with feedback requested by March 1, 2012.
* Two weeks to scan edits and make any adjustments. Also read through 2x again to scan for any missed errors.
* Select next WIP storyline and begin outlining. When I begin, I will set a deadline for completion.
* Begin character profiles on each of my major characters for the new WIP. I will allot myself one week for each character, which I believe is ample time. However, this will be the first time I will be using this method from the very beginning, and may need to adjust my goals accordingly.
* Begin writing my new WIP once The Third Fate is sent off to beta readers.
* Publish The Third Fate by the end of March, 2012.
There you have it! It's going to be a challenging start to the new year, but I'm aiming high.
The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them.