Today I'm featuring fellow ROW80 author Claudia Lefeve, who recently released Parallel! Buy it on Amazon...
Destiny has a way of catching up.
"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." --Albert Einstein
I just love that quote! Best of luck, Claudia!
Today's the Day! I'm signing up for NaNo. Biting the bullet. Taking the plunge. Diving in head first. Add your pithy comment here
I've never just written - and forgotten everything else. I guess you can't knock it until you've tried it.
* I've been busily typing away. I'm in chapter four, but already passing 9K. Why? Because I've added..ohhh, a couple a two, t'ree t'ings. (That's for any of you who've known a body from Scranton, PA) Ha.
* Still no reading for the sheer enjoyment of getting lost in a great novel. Sigh.
* Character profiles. I'm about 70% finished with my male MC in the paranormal piece I'll be writing for NaNo. I still have to complete my female MC, but I 'know' more about her already. This means, I truly hope, that the profiling will be easier. Although a bit of a struggle, this has been another tool from K.M. Weiland's - Outlining Your Novel that took my novel idea and carried it to a place I never dreamed I could/would go.
* The 12 Days Of Christmas Reading... I continue to formulate, change, ponder, discard, and stew on the possibilities. Here are the two ideas that seem to stand out :
* Gather 12 authors - and their great books to be featured on my blog in one great post that will stay up for six days (we'd have to do 'two days of Christmas each day) or 12 days (which seems a bit long to wait for a giveaway...what do you all think?), with posts, thoughts, Christmas traditions, etc added to their 'section' or 'day'. Offer a giveaway for each day. (I would ask participants to donate a copy of their book or a gift card...whatever.) I would have to formulate some serious strategies for marketing. There's no sense having a giveaway if no one knows about it. I'm thinking the Friday Bulletin Board of the Campaign would be a nice springboard. Hmmmm
* Create the 12 Days of Christmas Reading list and ask that other bloggers (in addition to the authors themselves) re-post for a day or two. This would be quite easy to organize, and a great Christmas present for all the new authors (including me! ha!). There is great potential to reach so many with this idea! It's exciting.
Would you be willing to re-post the 12 Days of Christmas Reading List for a day or two in December for your fellow ROW80/Platform authors?
The Rule of Three Blogfest ends this week! If you've read the entires, you'll know I'm not kidding when I tell you that there are some fabulous pieces. Take some time to enjoy great tales and share some fiction appreciation!
Have a terrific weekend - I can say that, it's hump day already! :} See you all on Sunday.