02 April 2012

A New Round's Goals

It's The Start Of A New Round...What Will You Accomplish?


Hi, all!  Today marks the start of a new 'Round Of Words In 80 Days'.  This is where and when I reveal my new list of goals for the upcoming 80 day challenge.  Oy!  Do I have a list of goals!  Having just published my newest novel, The Third Fate, I'll take the first two weeks off for some much needed rest and relaxation.  I'm hoping to feature some interesting/inspirational finds from 'Around The Blogs' and catch up on some delicious reading for enjoyment!  After that...it's back to work. 

Here's what I'll strive toward during the next round!

*  Research new historical novella.  Reading.
I'll allow two weeks tops to complete this phase.

*  Draft a rough outline of my storyline.
Two weeks - although this will be an ongoing process as I develop my characters.

*  Complete character profile packets on my two main characters and on my protagonist.
One week for each character - to run concurrently with my outlining work.

*  Begin writing no later than seven (7) weeks into the round (two weeks vacation, two weeks research, three weeks character profile packets - which includes two weeks on outlining = a total of seven weeks spent)

*  Complete roughly a chapter a week once the writing begins.

*  Complete some form of outdoor activity/exercise three times weekly.  Raking, weeding, planting, sweeping, painting, demolition (yes...it's almost time for my re-do to begin!), clean-up, whatevs...  Just as long as I'm active and working on my around-the-house projects.

*  Visit five (5) fellow bloggers daily during Monday - Friday, encouraging fellow ROW80 members and searching out interesting items/persons to feature in the upcoming week.

*  Celebrate Sabbath.  Get 'off the grid' and truly rest and enjoy my family.

And...We're Off!  See You All Soon :}

 ~ Nadja


12 comments:

  1. Excellent goals indeed - and definitely keep celebrating all the wonderful goals you accomplished from the last round! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie! Glad you've joined up again! Looking forward to checking out your goals, too. We're going to be busy...let's hope we all catch 'spring fever' and get to work! Ha.

      Delete
  2. I always love to read your blog posts because you always have these interesting quotes and pictures.

    Good luck with all your goals. I know you'll accomplish what you shoot for because you're awesome like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sort of an image seeker junkie! I'm just glad I'm not the only one who likes them. I sometimes worry that I clutter up my post with all my 'jazzy-images' Ha!

      Delete
  3. Those are amazing goals! I wish my brain was that organized LOL. Enjoy your two weeks rest and good luck with all you're looking to accomplish this round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so ready for my rest...although I was caught 'researching' last night...ha! I can't help myself.

      Yeah, I have to be organized. I live in a houseful of men/boys. They'd run amok if I left them any spare minutes at all...lol.

      Thanks for stopping by and best of luck for the round, Lauren!

      Delete
  4. Great goals. You deserve a rest. Is The Third Fate available on Barnes and Noble? Have fun researching your new story and creating characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to see you back this round, Robin! I am so looking forward to researching my new characters. There's something so fresh and luring about a new project. Thank goodness, too...otherwise I'd be reluctant to get back to it after editing. Oy!

      Sorry, The Third Fate is only available at Amazon. I've never published through Barnes and Noble - and I'm skipping Smashwords this time. I had some pirating issues there. Maybe I'll give Barnes and Noble a look-see.

      Delete
  5. Ok, so you have put three books out since I have known you? You are amazing!!! So excited that The Third Fate is finished and that you already know where you are heading.

    Enjoy your 'rest' period and I am now even more inspired to actually finish my WIP!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks...*blushes* You're too kind! I cannot wait to see that mystery you wrote during NaNoWriMo! This is your round, Em! :)

      Delete
  6. Excellent goals! I remember meeting you during the 3rd Platform challenge. Glad we have the opportunity to "meet" again! Just picked up Her Dark Baron. I'm a sucker for historical romance.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Happy reading, Melanie!

      So good to hear you've signed up for ROW80! See you at check-ins! It's a great way to keep up with fellow writers on top of helping us hit our goals. See you soon!

      Delete