11 April 2012

I've Been Tagged!

Welcome to another check-in for ROW80! 


The lovely Komal Lewis tagged me awhile back, and I'm just getting around to joining in the fun. 

Your Questions:
 
1. Who is your favourite fictional couple?

Darcy and Elizabeth.  Hands down. 

2. Chocolate, vanilla or strawberry?

Vanilla

3. If you could be in any book or film, what would it be?

Book or film?  Hmmm.  I've got to think carefully here.  So many choices!
For a book, I think I'd have to choose a great Highlander romance - but one in a bit more modern setting.  (I like my indoor plumbing in real life.  But that accent...well, it gives me the tingly shivers!)
As for a movie...take me to Persia and give me a sexy magi...oh, say Oded Fehr from The Mummy.  Those facial tattoos...gah!  Plus, sexy accent,  danger and excitement, history, and ahem...Oded Fehr. 

4. What are you allergic to?

Cats.  Terribly allergic.  Landed me in the Emergency Room on Christmas Eve and had to be given lots of drugs allergic. I had never had a reaction before - we'd owned a cat for years!  But never again....

5. Complete this sentence: I am the best at ____________!

I am the best at... making people laugh, organization, and learning.  Those are my areas to 'shine'.  Ha! 

6. What is your pet peeve?

Meanness, bitterness, jealousy, negativity. (Can I lump them all together...I find they go hand in hand)  It's so unattractive and it drags those around it down, too.  Also, it wastes so much time/energy.  
 
7. What is one type of food that you could eat forever and not get sick of?

Soup.  So many varieties....so little time.

8. Rollerblading or rollerskating?

Rollerskating.  Easier on the ankles :)

9. Imagine you got a brand new dog. Would it be a boy or a girl and what would you name him/her?

Since I love my one-year-old German Shepherd to pieces...I have to say
A) Male
B) German Shepherd
C) Zutchka ( I named him from War & Peace - it was the name of the Shepherd who followed the Russian troops and guarded camp at night.  He was described as a 'faithful dog'...I was hooked.)

10. What's your ultimate overseas destination?

I have to choose only one?  Well, this week...(The wind may take me another direction next...) I'd choose Southern Italy.  Such a beautiful area. 

11. Was it Colonel Mustard in the Study with the Wrench?

Unquestionably.  At least once.


I don't really tag!  Anyone who likes should copy and paste these questions and answer away.

╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫

Here's a neat find from Vive Le Nerd this week...Just in time for Campaign 2012!



I was also tagged by Matt Hofferth at On The Job Writing with 'It's Louder Than 10 Questions'...which makes me laugh already.  Here goes.

1. You must post the rules.
1.5 You don't talk about fight club.
2. Answer the questions on your blog. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.
(Matt added rule 1.5 and I've decided to keep it...as I like it.  Immensely.)

Again, I don't tag...but I invite any and all interested to jump in, both feet!

Anyway, here we go:
  • More like mom or dad? Is this good or bad? (Be Honest!!)
    • Dad.  My mom always used to tease him, claiming that the reason he butted heads with my sister and myself so often was because we were actually just like him.  Ha!  He used to say we were 'bull-headed', 'stubborn as mules' and 'too smart for our own britches'.  We've been accused (No, you gasp!) of being 'bossy' and 'boldies'.  But...we've also been accused of being honest, a good friend, loyal to a fault, and always ready to find fault in ourselves before accusing another.  Now he laughs and says he's proud of us.  See...all along, the joke was on us. 
  • You have unlimited funds and architects are designing a new home for you. You have total say in one room of the house. It will be exactly as you dream it. Describe your dream room.
    • Oh!  Bright and sunny with lots of windows.  Cream colored walls and flooring with a brightly colored area carpet.  Sturdy wicker fiurniutre with plush cushions and an ottoman (my fav pieces of furniture).  Throw pillows and a chenille blanket for when chilly.  Books lining the walls, table lamps beside every seat....Sigh.  Practically perfect in every way. 
  • City or country? What’s the draw?
    • Country that's close by the city.  I like peace and quiet.  I like the sounds of nature without the sounds of the city (where I currently live).  I like a big garden, keeping chickens, having lots of room for my dog to run, and room to spread out.  I don't want to look at neighbors anymore (even though I am fortunate to have very good neighbors)...it could be worse.  Much worse.  Ha! 
  • What is your favorite time of year?
    • Summer. Bright skies and heat.  Need I say more?  Although I am very partial to fall.  I love the time of year when during the day you are very warm and the water is still warm, but at night...you need that sweater.  I like sweaters :)
  • You have won a two week vacation for two to any place in the world. Everything is paid, travel expenses, hotel and you have an open ended line of credit that will be paid by your benefactor. Where do you go, see, do?
    • Europe, to see ALL THE THINGS. I cannot add to Matt's answer here.  I'd do the same.
  • Your hero is coming to dinner. What’s on the menu?
    • Will it be a candlelit dinner for two - or more of a family affair?  That makes a difference you know! 
  • What works best to shake off your blues? A good book? A favorite movie? Visiting with friends? Comfort food? Shopping therapy?
    • I either laugh away my troubles with my sister...who is always ready to turn any calamity into an uproarious episode of belly shaking laughter - or a good book.  I do love to get lost in a story.
  • What is your favorite board game?
    • My favorite board game ....  I always like games that are about words.  Scrabble, Trivial pursuit, Apples to Apples, Pictionary, Scattergories...I like them all.  Although I have to mention (Matt's answer was Risk...) that we used to play Risk all the time when I was in college and right after.  I also had a word domination complex.  It wore thin once I had children.  Now..I dominate and rule in my own home.  It was enough to satisify...who knew? 
  • The best lesson you learned from your grandparents?
    • My grandmother said many things that have stayed with me...but these two come to mind.  A)  "Don't ever forget; you've got Sauder Spunk" (Her family name...and she did have spunk, indeed.)   B) "If it's to be, it's up to me."  Both have held true over the years. 
  • What is your biggest pet peeve?
    • See above post.  I pretty much covered it there.
  • What are the best qualities in your best friend?
    • She makes me laugh - even when I don't feel like it.  There's nothing I cannot tell her.  There's nothing she cannot tell me.  She loves me unconditionally.  She's trustworthy.  She understands.  She pokes fun at every and anything unabashedly and with great passion.  She's my sister. 
Sure hope you are all having a great week. 
 ~ Nadja

25 comments:

  1. Ref: Vote Geek

    If only we had these choices. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I get an AMEN? Lol My husband wants one of these t-shirts in the worst way after seeing Joshua's. I promised to search the internet for him.

      Delete
  2. Love these tag games LOL We end up knowing a lot about our fellow writer-friends ;)
    Love German Shepard ... and I prefer something like pizza over soup lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so fun! It breaks up the word count, the editing, and the researching. Plus it adds something beyond our week's end tally.

      Delete
  3. LOL what a fun post :) Loved reading your responses. And I have just added you to my to-do list to send you my links!! Have a great ROW80 week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Claudia! I'll be watching my email. Hope all is going well with the next in your series! I still have to grab up Paradox. I haven't had the chance to read it....hopefully soon. Parallel was wonderful! I've recommended it to my niece.

      Delete
  4. Great answers Nadja!!

    "If it's to be, it's up to me." ~ Brilliant! I think I'm going to start using that with the wee beasties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been partial to that one, myself. It's motivating. :}

      Delete
  5. Two elevens are unfathomable loudness.

    I get so much crap for preferring Vanilla.
    VANILLA FO LIFE!
    *Raises Fist*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we can have a t-shirt made for our 'cause'!
      The slogan can be across the front with a fist underneath. Lovers of vanilla, unite!
      (A great orator I may not be...but I get an 'A' for 'oomph')
      And yes, two elevens are rather loud. I can't help it. Ha!

      Delete
  6. I still love that shirt and all it stands for in this world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if you saw...but my husband wants one ....badly. Ha. I promised to search the web for him. Ha!

      Delete
    2. At Red Bubble for $22.44, and you can choose whatever color you want for the background. As for which color looks best, I vote Heather Grey or Light Blue, possibly even Creme.

      And that's about the only place you can find it now.

      Delete
  7. Hi Nadja:

    Browncoat for life, here.

    Can we make that an actual option for the 2012 ballot? :)

    I'm one of those party poopers that never answers meme tags... I've had some bad results with posting the truth before. I mean, granted, we were barely older than high school teens... but still.

    I hope you have a productive week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...I may be an imperialist, but I haven't fully committed. Ha!

      And yes...the truth can be too powerful in the hands of ameteurs! I wouldn't worry too much about it. I mean, anyone who would hold on to something you said/did from the days of youth has more problems than I have time to mention. Ha!

      Delete
  8. My designer room would be a library, with rows of bookcases lining the room, a giant picture window, and a large overstuffed chair. It would also have a hidden entrance to a tiny writing room. I would go in there to get away from my children. hahahaha
    If I'm down, I say screw shopping! I go to the library for my pick-me-ups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I wish I'd thought of a secret passage to a tiny room where I could escape! That's a great feature, Kate. Really great. Extremely great. :)

      Delete
  9. It is a tagging week for you! I have just tagged you for the Sunshine Award and The 7 Facts Tag. Please head over to my place at your leisure to find out more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll go to Europe with you! In the company of a Highlander, maybe... And we can play Scrabble :-)
    Love your grandmother's second piece of advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Perfect vacation...maybe a little wine. A few museum visits for some culture. Scads of fine dining. What more could we ask for?

      Delete
  11. Nadja -

    Fun stuff! I love your answer to number five. Sounds like we have some of th same loves :-).

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yes. I can see where you like to make people laugh. And I might add you're quite good at it. I still laugh over the first post I read of yours...that darned coffee maker. Ha!

      Delete
  12. I love these kinds of posts because you learn all kinds of things about people. Even little things can be interesting sometimes. I may post these questions on my blog soon. I'm so sorry you're allergic to cats. :(

    ReplyDelete