Sunday is upon us again, fellow ROW80 writers. Measure up your progress and check in. Are you claiming, 'Nailed it!', or 'Aww, Nuts!'? Either way, take a few minutes to laugh and learn. Lighten your heart - it'll make the upcoming week look even brighter!
To kick-up that sparkle of mirth in your eye, stop by Jenny Hansen's Cowbell and giggle your way through her A-Z Challenge entry, 'Q Is For A Quick Giggle ~ A Visit With Sister Myotis (of Christian Panties Fame). What a hoot.
Since we're on the subject of nuns, I had to share 'Late Night Catechism' with Sister Maripat Donovon. Hysterical. (And there's a bit about thongs in it, too!) Sister Myotis and Maripat are kindred spirits.
Here's Sister Maripat now...Enjoy!
The lovely Em ~ Loves To Read, Wants To Write tagged me with Seven Facts Award. Below I attempt to reveal seven things about myself that won't bore you to tears.
1) I'm a Virgo. I'm not sure what that means...but I am one. Ha!
2) Cooking brings me joy. I'm seriously addicted to Food Network. My favorite chefs are Melissa D'Arabian, Giada, Rachael Ray, and Ann Burrell. I watch constantly and try at least two recipes a week. Because of my well known love for cooking, my dad had a new butcher block cutting board custom made for me - it's 18" x 20" approx in size! This thing is huge...and I ♥ it.
3) For all that love of cooking, I'm the worst pastry chef alive. Pie crust and I don't get along.
4) An unreasonable fear of doctors holds me in its terrible grip. I absolutely will not go to one unless something very, very serious is wrong with me...and even then, I attempt to 'cure-myself' first. My husband is a nurse, so this irritates him to no end! I even cauterized my own mole rather than to let a doctor loose on my person. My hubby nearly had apoplexy. He threatened me with infection and all sorts of dire predictions of treating myself in such a fashion. But...all was well, re-enforcing my awful behavior and attitude. If you ever hear a strange account on the morning news show about a woman treating herself that ends in a bad way...it's sure to be me. My son, laughing, says it reminds him of this clip... Jeepers!
5) I hardly ever answer my phone to the chagrin of my friends and family. I don't carry it around with me and rarely hear it when it rings. This is another of my habits that drives my hubby crazy.
6) My favorite workout is the 'Death By _______' (add your exercise - say squats, sit-ups, push-ups, tuck jumps, overhead presses...whatever) workout. Why? Because it pushes me to my boundaries in 20 minutes or less. Usually less...lol. Here's how for any interested. Have a clock nearby that you can easily see. Each minute is a round. Minute one - do one of your chosen exercise. Rest for the remainder of the minute.
Minute two - do two of your chosen exercise. Rest for the remainder of the minute.
Continue anew each minute, adding one more to your goal each round.
Earlier this week, I completed 13 rounds (minutes) for a total of 91 push-ups. Awesome. :)
7) I don't like to wear shoes; and if I could get away with it, I'd go barefoot all the time. During summer months, I have sandals that I wear when I must leave the house...and no full shoes cover my toes until it gets too cold for me to stand it. Shoes are not allowed in my house....at all! I become VERY upset when my boys tramp inside with their sneakers. 'I forgot....', they attempt to appease me. No dice.
As for writing.....
I will begin writing today or tomorrow. (I'm having company for dinner today and don't know how exhausted I'll be later...ha!) Character profiles are complete. Chapters are outlined. Notebook is numbered. I'm ready. :}
Have a great week, everyone!