08 April 2012

Finds And Features For ROW80

Finds And Features...

Matt Hofferth from On The Job Writing posted some flash fiction just for me! (Read it HERE ) You see, I harbor a lusty obsession cute infatuation with one of his vampire characters from The Binder's Daughter, Matthias. 



Matthias is a German hunk of an ancient vampire with a hint of nerd tossed in.  (That dash of nerd just added ...something special.  But..I digress)  I've demanded requested that Matt write Matthias his own story and I guess this flash fiction is his way of appeasing me until he has the time to pen that masterpiece.  Ha! 


Thanks, Matt.  It tickled my little German/Lebanese heart.  Hope you all get a kick out of my 'nerd-love' finds on Google.  I just love the sexy stormtrooper below...'Email Me'...Ha!  It's too rich *snort*.  Oops!  Ahem...well, moving right along.... 



Check out some research for my next historical novel/novella.  Pretty fun work!  Alla Kushnir is renowned for her talent and beauty in the art of bellydance.  My sisters and I have all taken bellydance, but an Alla - we are not!  Ha!  It's such a sensual expression/celebration of women, of femininity, and curves.  Just wearing the bellydance costume makes you feel sexy!  After watching, you may just sign up for that bellydancing class you've always wanted to take.  (Oh!  And BTW...it's a great workout, too!)  Enjoy...




What have you found 'around-the-blogs' this week?

 ~ Nadja

18 comments:

  1. Fun post Nadja! I took belly dancing for 2 years and loved it. Very feminine. We had to perform at the end and while I was nervous, I truly enjoyed it. Very freeing, and a natural way to move the body.

    Thanks for all the fun things to check out!! Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Marie! It's surprising how many people you meet that have taken bellydance! I think it's because of all the things you mention.

      Again, hope you feel better! Have a great week, Marie.

      Delete
  2. I took belly dancing for a year and it was fun! Like you said, very sensual and a great workout!
    Happy Easter ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Glad you stopped by - and were able to get settled in your new home in time for this Round of Words, Juliana! See you soon.

      Delete
  3. Checked out your nerd blood sucker and I see Vhat you are loving about him :-)

    Also, I've tried a bit of belly dancing. Just too much belly to have dancing around though. lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's just a loveable nerd, right? Ha! I'm actually surprised at how many fellow ROW's have tried bellydance - but pleased to hear it! It's such a great boost :}

      Delete
  4. Love bellydancing! Thanks for the video. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome, Jenny! And congrats on your kick off party! You had quite the crowd!

      Delete
  5. I took belly dancing classes a while ago, so much fun!!

    I love those 'Keep calm posters....favourite I have seen so far is 'Keep calm and eat a cupcake'.

    Have a great week Nadja :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Shows what I know...or don't - as the case may be! I didn't know the 'Keep Calm' posters were a series. I'm laughing all right ...this time at myself!

      You have a great week, too, Em!

      Delete
  6. I have not tried belly dancing. Just thought I should go on record with that. :-p

    The thought of Matthias feeding in a library just struck me as hilarious. I didn't get to continue this week (Easter festivities sort of stole my time), but I'd like to do a few more bits of flash with him being, well, him.

    Remember when I mentioned that whole dare thing? Well, I'm hoping to get it out by the end of this week. It's completely unrelated to anything, except that I'm hoping to find some time to write a similar length story for Matthias, maybe like prequel-style. The shorter, novelette length was really a lot of fun. But--ach!--time. Sie geht so schnell.

    But first, gotta knock out the second book in that series. I promise Matthias has a prominent role to play. I'll drop one hint... "roomies." Winky face. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all ears ...roomies...the dare! Ready and waiting. :}

      Delete
  7. That was such a cool story. I like Matthias, too.

    I used to do belly dancing videos. I wonder if they make belly dancing for the Wii....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more and more impressed with the number of fellow writers who've taken bellydance! That's so awesome.
      If Wii doesn't, they should. It would be a real money maker!

      Delete
  8. Hope you had a blessed holiday.

    Loving all this nerd stuff! And the bellydance reminds me of one of the writers' houseparties we had on the forum; the one my characters hosted, set in Constantinople. I made a playlist for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will def have to check out that playlist, Deniz!

      Delete
  9. You've warmed my Nerdy heart, Nadja. Love those pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be helpful, Joshua! Ha! I'll be featuring your Campaign 2012 t-shirt later in the week, too. It made me smile.

      Delete